John Kim’s Farewell Message
It was an honor to serve as Pacific Hospital Preservation & Development Authority’s executive director for the last three and a half years. I am committed to supporting the success of the new executive director as they leads PHPDA into the next chapter. Thank you to the staff, the governing council, strategic advisors, grantees, and partners for your gracefulness, your talents, and your joy. Working with you was exhilarating and I felt like we could tackle even the most challenging issues if we did it together.
In the sage words of the Honorable John Lewis: “When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something …”
I loved the work that we did together, and we did plenty. But in the face of health inequity, which is stubbornly persisting and expanding, we still have plenty more to do. I am and will be an ally of PHPDA as we continue to push for a community where every person can equitably access the resources and care they need to lead healthy lives.
Let’s get to work.
He, along with PHPDA staff, Governing Council, and Strategic Advisors:
- Established PHPDA as a resource, ally, convener, and change agent, which is the foundation of our next Strategic Framework.
- Launched Technical Assistance programs for our nonprofit grantee and applicant partners, offering “more than just the check.”
- Celebrated our 40th Anniversary with a community mosaic and a variety of community events.
- Deepened partnerships with our community neighbors, Seattle University and University of Washington, and the region’s public health districts.
- Strengthened communications with a new blog, quarterly newsletter, and more engaged social media.
There were many other countless ways he supported and led this organization with an unwavering focus on health equity. Please join us in congratulating John for his accomplishments and on his new adventures ahead!