Grantee: Real Escape from the Sex Trade (REST)
Timeframe: July 2018 – June 2021 | Total Amount: $310,000
Year 1: July 2018 – June 2019. Amount: $100,000
Year 2: July 2019 – June 2020. Amount: $100,000
Year 3: July 2020 – June 2021. Amount: $110,000
The REST Integrated Health Clinic is a low-barrier, in-house clinic offering mental health therapy, medical services, spiritual support, and peer engagement to survivors in need of critical health services and nonjudgmental, trauma-informed care.
IHC will be contracting with International Community Health Services (ICHS) to serve as a satellite medical office at the REST IHC. Implementing this change will allow REST to provide more in-depth and critical medical services on site, greatly increasing the level of care the IHC provides to clients. The IHC will also be shifting the client intake process, moving away from all intakes starting with “The Table.” We plan to offer the Table as an optional starting point, providing clients with the option to go directly into setting up individual appointments with the practitioners.
REST projects the IHC will provide the following outputs to victims and survivors of commercial sexual exploitation in the third year:
- Receive referrals for medical services for 80 unduplicated individuals.
- Physical health consultations and/or medical appointments for an estimated 60 clients.
Mental Health Services
- Receive referrals for MH services at IHC for 80 unduplicated individuals.
- Conduct Mental Health assessments for an estimated 60 unique clients.
- Provide outpatient individual support (carrying a caseload of 3-5 clients at a time; 90 minutes allocated per client, per week) with a goal to serve 30 unique clients.
Chemical Dependency Advocacy
- Receive referrals for CD support services at IHC for 20 unduplicated individuals.
- Provide advocacy and referral support to connect 10 unduplicated clients to substance use/abuse services, to include CD assessments and outpatient or inpatient treatment.
About Our Grantee
Real Escape from the Sex Trade (REST)
REST exists to provide pathways to freedom, safety, and hope for victims of sex trafficking and people
who have experienced the sex trade throughout the Puget Sound Region.