Grantee: Lahai Health
Timeframe: July 2018 – June 2021 | Total Amount: $510,000
Year 1: July 2018 – June 2019. Amount: $170,000
Year 2: July 2019 – June 2020. Amount: $170,000
Year 3: July 2020 – June 2021. Amount: $170,000
Due to unmet and rising need for access to healthcare in King County, Lahai Health seeks to expand their medical clinic hours at the Haller Lake site to serve more low-income, uninsured, and underserved patients.
In the third year, Lahai Health will improve operations by creating a reporting database to streamline work flow. Lahai will expand their marketing campaign efforts for both volunteers and patients.
Lahai Health will track and report on the following outputs and outcomes:
- Improve patient access to primary and preventive health care by increasing the number of patient visits provided. Lahai Health will provide 1500 patient visits per year to 550 low-income patients at our Haller Lake site in the 12-month grant period.
- Increase the number of low-income, uninsured, and underinsured people who engage with primary health care services, by serving as primary health care provider for Lahai Health patients by encouraging visits for regular preventive and follow-up services. At least 60% of Lahai Health patients return for recommended follow-up services within one year.
- Increase patient engagement in their health care. Lahai will staff each clinic with a committed Nurse Case Manager that coordinates care alongside the patient and assists in navigating complex healthcare needs, referrals, or barriers, providing intensive nursing case management. 70% of Lahai Health clients achieving follow-up also participate in case management.
- Reduce the utilization of urgent care or emergency care in the community for primary care purposes. Lahai will offer more clinic hours to reduce the waitlist for care and improve patient access to primary care.
- 40% of Lahai Health clients would not have received care if they didn’t receive Lahai services.
- 10% of Lahai Health clients would have visited the ER if they didn’t receive Lahai Health services.
In Year 3, Lahai Health anticipates being able to serve 550 unduplicated patients with 1500 visits through the Haller Lake clinics.
About Our Grantee
Lahai Health is a clinic providing health care to underserved individuals and families in King and Snohomish Counties. Our services include integrated and comprehensive medical, dental, and mental health counseling.